Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quick Reviews

So apparently my sister, Shauna, is crazy because she wants me to review all movies I see so she knows what she should see. So here is a quick review of some i've seen lately.

Iron Man 2:

I'm sure most people have seen this by now but if not just wait for the DVD.

It's not horrible but also not good. It jumps all over the place and tries to cover too many aspects of the comic books. I just left confused.

Battle scenes should have been longer and conversation scenes should have been cut shorter. I mean we get that he's a drunk and that things aren't perfect.

Robert Downey, Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow give good performances.
Scarlett Johansson kicking butt was pretty cool, but her acting was the same as usual.
I love Sam Rockwell but the dialogue he was given was cheesy and annoying.
I'm pretty sure Jon Favreau (Director/Actor) just wanted to put him self in it as much as possible.
It's just a popcorn movie without the popcorn fun.

Grown Ups: A Movie For Everyone... Wait I Mean No One.

So a couple of nights ago my boyfriend and I randomly went to the movies at 10 pm. We got there and stared at the board. He picked Grown Ups and I was down. I knew it wouldn't be great, but expected a family fun pic and left very confused.

It's about 5 friends meeting up after years when their old basketball coach dies. Something we've seen a million times; they all lived their lives differently but then come back together and find that bond again. The storyline didn't really go much beyond that.

Although this one was a little weird. The jokes were horrible almost as if they were for children, but then totally inappropriate things would jump in. Which is usual funny with Sandler movies but a lot of them were over kill.

Maria Bello's character breast feeding her 4 year old was funny like the first two times and then it got to be just plan stupid and gross.

I thought it was gonna end like five times; I mean how many "lets all realize that we love each other and need to gather together and say cheesy things" moments do you need?

Scenes went on way too long and made several actors I love look horrible. It just wasn't fun, like at all. I would waste the time seeing this one ever.


The A-Team

Finally and good mindlessly fun action flick. Joe Carnahan (Director) rocked it.
It was just fun. Explosions, a hot guy (Bradley Cooper), hot chick (Jessica Biel), big guns, and helicopter tricks.

I love Liam Neeson and this was a great role for him. Cooper was great, and after District 9 and this movie I am in love with Sharlto Copley he is hilarious. Quinton Jackson wasn't amazing but did alright, and was held up by a great cast. Jessica Biel is blah to me as always, but I think i'm only on person who doesn't like her so don't listen to me.

I think this will be one of few good blockbuster movies this Summer so good check it out.


Toy Story 3

Of course it was awesome. It was cute and fun. The new toys were fun and it was nice to see our old friends. Ken and Barbie were hilarious. Most people have been saying it's the best one, but I'd disagree. I still love the first one and this one didn't make me cry like the second one. Anyway it was awesome, it had tons of fun moments and overall a really good flick. Good see it. Oh and in 2D.




No comments:

Post a Comment